Monday, October 15, 2012

Violet's Light

This evening, my friend, Megan, and I attended a Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day ceremony known as Violet's Light--named after the organizer's niece who was born sleeping last year.

Smiling as we remember our babies.

It was a very small gathering of people (you didn't have to be present to have your baby honored during the remembrance), but it was so, so sweet. A gazebo was lined with luminaries with our babies' names on them, and at exactly 7 P.M., we lit candles in honor of our angels.


All of the babies' names were read, and some people shared a few words about their experiences. I didn't get teary until I saw a couple of men cry. That'll do anybody in.

The luminaries glowing as 60 angels' names are read. 

I've said it before, but it bears repeating:  I wouldn't wish this kind of heartache on anybody, but it means the world to know I'm not alone--and that my babies aren't, either.

1 comment:

paisleybaby33 said...

I am so happy we were able to share this experience together. <3