Since I can’t actually start working on the nursery yet (for a million different reasons), I made this mood board last night:
I only let myself put 20 items on the board because I was afraid I’d go crazy and still be working on it when my alarm went off this morning. Here’s a description of everything pictured:
- Color scheme: the walls will be painted a lighter gray (maybe Benjamin Moore’s Gray Owl), and the accent colors will be darker shades of gray, various colors from the aqua/turquoise/teal family, and pops of warmth via coral or orange.
- DIY paper mobile (not necessarily this one) made of turquoise and gray paper
- Melissa and Doug's 4-foot giraffe (which we already own)
- Birch tree mural or decals
- Baby Mod Olivia crib in amber and white (the picture is of the espresso and white version because I couldn’t find a good picture of the amber one)
- Turquoise chevron curtains
- Decoylab Baby Hedgehog Clock (which we already own; it was the very first thing we bought for this baby)
- Monte Joya Rocker in charcoal
- Urban Outfitters Stella Floor Lamp in turquoise
- A cute little shelf or two to display a jar of pinwheels, the name blocks we made, etc. I also love the idea of hanging up a meaningful outfit.
- Lots of fun prints from Etsy, including the one pictured ("Home is Wherever I'm With You" by splendidandsound)
- Cute fabric-covered storage (DIY?)
- Ikea moose rocker (which we already own)
- Mirror (hopefully thrifted or from T.J. Maxx) that I’ll paint aqua/turquoise and hang above the dresser, so Baby Celis can admire him/herself when s/he’s on the changing pad
- Mid-century modern dresser (which we already own; Danny just has to refinish it, and if he can’t, I’ll find another one on Craigslist)
- Gallery wall using Ikea Ribba frames that I’ll hang by the mirror above the dresser
- Turquoise shag rug (not necessarily this one)
- CB2 knitted pouf in graphite
- Book wall using Ikea Ribba picture ledges
- Fabrics (for sheets, crib skirt, blanket, throw pillow, changing pad cover, covered storage bins, etc.) in turquoise and gray—and possibly a pop of orangey coral here and there
Now, we just have to move everything from the office to the upstairs bedroom and everything from the upstairs bedroom and future nursery to the office; then get new windows in the nursery, have the hardwood floors and other woodwork refinished… and we should be able to get crackin’! It’ll be like moving into a new house, and I panic just thinking about it.
But let’s just focus our attention on that pretty mood board for now, shall we?