Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Second Trimester

Today, I'm 13 weeks, 3 days pregnant, and this is officially the first day of my second trimester.

Two months ago, I was sobbing hysterically (that's an understatement) in the ER because I truly believed this pregnancy was over--and that Danny and I would never be able to have biological children.

And today, I'm entering my second trimester. Today, our baby's heartbeat was louder than ever on the doppler. Today, I feel so blessed.

...despite the fact that it's 3 a.m., and I've been awake for 2 hours because I can't stop peeing, and it feels like there's a campfire going on in my chest. This baby's kicking my butt tonight... but I think it's his or her way of saying, "I'm still here, Mom!"

You sure are, kid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through thebump and I should say that I truly admire your courage! I just had one loss, at 27 weeks last year and today I am 16 weeks pregnant...just 3 weeks ahead of you... Just like your DH, my DH and I have decided not to find out the sex of the baby this time...I get anxious at times, but reading stories like yours make me realize that I am not alone...and we gotta stay positive!!!
good Luck to u!
E.

Amanda said...

I'm terribly sorry for your loss, E. Hearing of late losses always rips my heart out. You're right, though--let's stay positive. We're bringing these babies home with us! :)