Sunday, September 30, 2012

Welcome, World!


That's right. (Scooter's sign could also say,
"I ate a couch cushion this week," but this is a happy blog entry.)

I've been keeping this top-secret pregnancy blog for over 2 months, and we couldn't be more thrilled to finally share it with all of you. I can't believe we've made it to this point.

So, yep. After experiencing hell on earth, saying goodbye to 3 babies, and crying more tears than anybody should have to cry in an entire lifetime, Danny and I are pleased to announce...

I'm 13 weeks pregnant.

Here's the super short story:  We're expecting a baby on April 5, 2012! (11/27/12: Our due date changed to April 2nd.) Wahoo!!

Here's the short-ish story: 
July 23, 2012:  I get a very early positive pregnancy test (at only 3 weeks, 1 day pregnant).
August 11, 2012:  At 5 weeks, 6 days pregnant, we rush to the emergency room after lots and lots of horrific bleeding--and I know I'm miscarrying again. Surprisingly, an ultrasound shows that I have a hemorrhage that's causing the bleeding and pain--and a healthy little baby, measuring right on track!
August 14, 2012:  We learn that the hemorrhage is actually our baby's twin that had passed away. Surviving baby has a healthy heart rate of 129bmp and is the perfect size for his/her age (6 weeks, 2 days). Cue biggest roller coaster ride of emotions ever.  
August 29, 2012:  Baby has a strong heart rate in the 170s and is still looking great at 8 weeks, 3 days.
September 12, 2012:  At 10 weeks, 3 days, we have a perfect ultrasound (and I'll remember this as the day I actually start to believe that we might really be bringing this baby home with us).
September 26, 2012:  Another great doctor's appointment at 12 weeks, 3 days (no ultrasound is necessary this time, but we hear a beautiful heartbeat on the doppler).
For the long story, feel free to go back and read the 29 blog entries leading up to this one. Be sure to check out my personal favorite, "Surprise Announcement Party," from September 23rd. 

It goes without saying that there's a special place in my heart for my friends who are struggling on their journeys to parenthood. I'm rooting for you with everything I have.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank anybody who's cheered Danny and me on, prayed for us, or reached out to us in any way, shape, or form over the last year or so--the few people who weren't afraid to acknowledge our lost babies. You know who you are. Your thoughtfulness will never, ever be forgotten. You were with us through the worst; now, join us for the best.

Here we go! This is gonna be amazing.

Because I love bloopers. 

No comments: