Sunday, September 23, 2012

Surprise Announcement Party

There was a pretty memorable party at the Celis household last night. We invited our closest friends (yes, we have 46 "closest friends") over for a taco party, under the guise of belatedly celebrating Danny's college graduation. Here's the photo from the Facebook event page:

This is a big, fat lie! (And please excuse my lack of design skills.)

Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate at all (hello, rain), so the tables, chairs, and tent set up outside went unused. Forty-eight troupers crowded into our tiny little house, shoulder to shoulder. Think college house party.

When the party was in full swing, Danny sneaked away and came back with our "Surprise! We're having a BABY" cake.  

This is clearly before the party, since there aren't 48 people in sight--but I had to include it because Danny looks so cute.

Then, as people were still processing what was going on with the cake, he busted out of his snap-up shirt to reveal his "New Dad Est. 2013" shirt. Needless to say, the crowd went wild.

Tommy's reaction is priceless. Totally makes this picture.
We'll never, ever, ever forget this moment, and we're very grateful we have so many wonderful friends to share in our joy.

Right after we shared our big news. Look how proud Danny is! And look at the cake behind us! (And the people trying to squeeze into the room to see what was going on.)

Oh, and dang, it feels good to be out of the closet. I can talk about my baby now! I promise not to be too annoying (in real life, I mean. I'm going to continue to be OMG BABYBABYBABY on this blog, of course)!

This one shows Danny's shirt better, but I look strange here, so I have to include the picture above, too--to prove I wasn't stoned at the party.
A better view of the pretty cake. (Thanks, Mel, for cropping out the nasty guacamole bowl!)

I should note that the cake was as good as it looked. People raved all night. Nice job, Nicole Pribula!

So, anyway, we're very sneaky, and our plan went off without a hitch (minus the weather, of course). Now, people will be expecting big news every time we have a party. Pretty sure we can't outdo this one. 

No comments: