Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #5

I almost skipped this week's Thrifty Thursday* because it's so weak, but I know you won't judge me. Here it is, a Halo Sleepsack:

Maynard only looks deranged because he's kneading that sleepsack so intently. 

Ebay Price:   $7
Babies R Us Price:   $22
Amount Saved:   $15
Amount Left Before I Can Justify Buying My Joya Rocking Chair:   $555

As long as my Craigslist transaction doesn't fall through again, next week's Thrifty Thursday should be pretty awesome.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go eat more cookies. Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

*An explanation of Thrifty Thursdays:
According to my readers, I should spend approximately $300 on a rocking chair. I've already admitted that I'll be spending a whoppin' $1,000. That's a difference of $700.

To offset this $700, I plan on saving money elsewhere. Every week, I'll buy something for the baby from Craigslist or Ebay, and the amount of money I save will go toward this $700 difference. So, say I score a $200 stroller on Craigslist for $100. The $100 that I saved will be "banked," and I'll have to save $600 more to justify purchasing my glorious rocking chair. For a more in-depth explanation, see this post.

No comments: