Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #3

This week's Thrifty Thursday* is a small item, but I couldn't resist snatching it up. Here it is, the Bebe au Lait Nursing Cover from the Papillon collection:


Ebay Price:  $11 (including shipping)
Babies R Us Price:  $37
Amount Saved:  $26
Amount Left Before I Can Justify Buying My Joya Rocking Chair:  $605

I was really hoping to wind up below the $600 mark this week, but that'll have to happen next week. Oh, and I haven't mentioned this, but my plan is to do 12 Thrifty Thursdays. This only leaves 9 more, so I better get serious. 

*An explanation of Thrifty Thursdays:
According to my readers, I should spend approximately $300 on a rocking chair. I've already admitted that I'll be spending a whoppin' $1,000. That's a difference of $700.

To offset this $700, I plan on saving money elsewhere. Every week, I'll buy something for the baby from Craigslist or Ebay, and the amount of money I save will go toward this $700 difference. So, say I score a $200 stroller on Craigslist for $100. The $100 that I saved will be "banked," and I'll have to save $600 more to justify purchasing my glorious rocking chair. For a more in-depth explanation, see this post. 

No comments: