Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #9

Today's Thrifty Thursday* is something a lot of people find superfluous, but I'd rather have it and hate it than not have it and wish I did. Here it is, a Balboa Baby Shopping Cart/Restaurant Chair Cover in the Suri print:

Stock Photo; I don't have a restaurant highchair in my house. 

Ebay Price: $27
Babies R Us Price: $46
Amount Saved: $19
Amount Left Before I Can Justify Buying My Joya Rocking Chair: $396

Because of his work schedule (7PM-7AM, not including his long commute) Danny and I eat out more often than we "should." I get home an hour before he leaves, and I'd rather spend what little time we have together chatting at a restaurant than flying around the kitchen, trying to make a good dinner in 20 minutes. Anyway, I've worked in restaurants, and I know how disgusting these highchairs are. I think we'll get a lot of use out of this thing.

*An explanation of Thrifty Thursdays:
According to my readers, I should spend approximately $300 on a rocking chair. I've already admitted that I'll be spending a whoppin' $1,000. That's a difference of $700.

To offset this $700, I plan on saving money elsewhere. Every week, I'll buy something for the baby from Craigslist or Ebay, and the amount of money I save will go toward this $700 difference. So, say I score a $200 stroller on Craigslist for $100. The $100 that I saved will be "banked," and I'll have to save $600 more to justify purchasing my glorious rocking chair. For a more in-depth explanation, see this post.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I think highchair covers are 100% necessary. I agree that after working in a restaurant there is no way I would put my daughter in one of those seats without a cover. And grocery carts are nasty too. Great find!!!! The one I want has been on back order at BRU and Target for literally the last 4 months... I may need to check out ebay :)