Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #0

There's no Thrifty Thursday* this week because some tool on Craigslist promised he'd hold a stroller for us as long as Danny could pick it up Tuesday at noon—but when Danny got there Tuesday at noon, the guy said he'd accidentally sold the stroller to somebody else.

It was my dream stroller (the right color and everything!), brand new, $100 cheaper than retail! Danny drove an hour round-trip for that damn thing.

And now, I have no Thrifty Thursday for you this week. However, I did bake you these lovely cookies this evening:

These are delicious. I should know—I had 4 in one sitting.

Check back next week!

*An explanation of Thrifty Thursdays:
According to my readers, I should spend approximately $300 on a rocking chair. I've already admitted that I'll be spending a whoppin' $1,000. That's a difference of $700.

To offset this $700, I plan on saving money elsewhere. Every week, I'll buy something for the baby from Craigslist or Ebay, and the amount of money I save will go toward this $700 difference. So, say I score a $200 stroller on Craigslist for $100. The $100 that I saved will be "banked," and I'll have to save $600 more to justify purchasing my glorious rocking chair. For a more in-depth explanation, see this post.

5 comments:

Paula @ Beauty Through Imperfection said...

awww darn craigslist.

that happens a lot. or the opposite. I've tried to sell things, planned my schedule around it (with 2 kids at that!) and then have the buyer cancel :/

booooo

Amanda said...

futurehope, I think buyers are typically worse than sellers for some reason. They're always late, or don't bother calling to say they're not coming, or they expect me to help them load furniture into their cars... insanity! :P

Christina said...

How do you accidentally sell something? But yeah, I've had hit and miss success with Craigslist both selling and buying. Maybe you'll find an even better deal.

Heather said...

mmmm.... warm cookies. I'm hungry now :).

Sorry about the stroller. Hoping you find an even better deal!!!

Emmett Katherine said...

What a jerk. Her shouldn't have said he'd hold it if he wasn't going to. Fingers crossed you find your dream stroller for a decent price.