Tuesday, December 25, 2012

...and to All a Good Night! (By Danny)

Christmas Day is finally here, but our biggest gift won't arrive for another 99 or so days.  I can remember how magical the Christmas season was when I was a kid, how much anticipation and joy I felt, and it makes me happy to know that my little man will be feeling the same way in a few short years.

A couple weeks ago, I felt the baby move for the first time.  Wow.  I couldn't ask for a better gift than that.

Amanda and I have gone completely crazy with buying every cute thing we can find for our boy, and I couldn't care less.  I don't care how financially strapped we are, we will always find a way to make our Christmas magical (even if I have to sell my favorite guns).

This time last year, we were still mourning our first loss.  I kept replaying our ER visit in my mind. It was one of those life-defining moments you wish so hard you could just go back and erase. All of our fantasies of Christmas mornings felt like they were just flushed down the toilet.

Fortunately, feeling my boy move for the first time was also a life-defining moment, but the kind that makes you thank God or whatever it is you believe in for letting you experience it.

I imagine that this time next year will be another one of those moments. One of many.

No comments: