Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thrifty Thursday #12

Well, it's my last Thrifty Thursday*, and I can't say I'm too devastated. It was getting really tiring searching Craigslist and Ebay for items that are on my registries. It felt like a full-time job some weeks. Anyway, here it is, a Balboa Sling from the Lola collection:

Like my haircut?

Ebay Price: $35, including shipping
Target Price: $65, including tax
Amount Saved: $30
Amount Left Before I Can Justify Buying My Joya Rocking Chair: $184

I love this sling. It has great reviews, and I can't wait to wear my baby.

So, anyway, I saved a total of $516 over the course of my 12 Thrifty Thursdays, missing my goal of $700 by $184.

Even though I didn't reach my goal, I'm pretty pleased with the $516 I was able to "bank" and put toward my chair, which I'll be buying very soon. When I first started this nonsensical game, I didn't think I'd save anywhere near $700, and I didn't realize how difficult it would be to find something from my registry each week. That said, I give myself a solid B on this crazy project.

It doesn't make me feel any less crazy for splurging on my rocking chair, but it was fun for a while!

*An explanation of Thrifty Thursdays:
According to my readers, I should spend approximately $300 on a rocking chair. I've already admitted that I'll be spending a whoppin' $1,000. That's a difference of $700.

To offset this $700, I plan on saving money elsewhere. Every week, I'll buy something for the baby from Craigslist or Ebay, and the amount of money I save will go toward this $700 difference. So, say I score a $200 stroller on Craigslist for $100. The $100 that I saved will be "banked," and I'll have to save $600 more to justify purchasing my glorious rocking chair. For a more in-depth explanation, see this post.



1 comment:

Colleen said...

Last Thrifty Thursday = one step closer to baby Celis' arrival!! So exciting girl....He's almost here #happydance!