Saturday, January 19, 2013

29 Weeks = Butternut Squash

Today, I'm 29 weeks and 4 days pregnant, and our baby boy weighs about 3 pounds, like a butternut squash.

Weirdest winter ever. Today was 50 degrees and sunny. The wind was pretty intense, though.

By now, our baby is starting to feel a little cramped in there, which is probably why my belly has been jumping all over the place lately—a sight that's awesome and hilarious and weird. I've loved watching it the last few days, but every time I try to show Danny, he misses it by .02 seconds. Seriously, he'll stare at my belly for 2 minutes straight, and the second he looks away, my belly dances all over the place. (Update: 2 hours after I posted this, Danny saw my belly move!) On a similar note, Baby's kicks are strong enough now that when Danny and I cuddle up super close, he can feel the kicks against his own stomach. These are the things I'll miss when this little dude is finally in the outside world with us.

Nothing new to report on the symptoms front. Still feeling ridiculously good. My feet balloon up to let me know when I'm overdoing it. For instance, this morning, I did a lot of running around for the baby (finalized my registries, bought a few things for the nursery, and returned a few things I thought I wanted for the nursery), and after about 4 hours, my shoes felt tight—so I headed home.

He's a low rider! (And that crazy hair is the wind's doing, I promise.)

The past week or so, I've been bumping into things with my belly because it sort of appeared from out of nowhere—and until recently, I was able to wear a lot of my flowy or stretchy pre-pregnancy clothes. Only a few things fit now, so it's definitely time to bite the bullet and buy some maternity clothes. It seems like such a waste of money to buy a wardrobe that I'll only wear for about 11 weeks (11 weeks?!), but I really have no choice at this point.

Oh, and this is random, but I ordered my rocking chair a couple days ago! It won't be here for 2 weeks, though, and the wait is going to destroy me. On the bright side, it's nice to have little things to look forward to while I wait for this miracle to get here.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

3 words : Old Navy Maternity. Cheap and cute!!!! You look great girl! Xoxo

Colleen said...

By the way......11 weeks?!?! Holy Crap in 2 months Baby will be in your arms :) Make sure to call or text so we can bring you goodies like you did for us!yippeeeeee!

Amanda said...

Colleen - As of today, 10 weeks! And I've told Danny I don't want hospital visitors, but you'll be an exception to this rule. ;)

Colleen said...

Aw shucks! I feel so lucky :) Really you were our only friends that came to see us. It is a very special moment and I am glad that you guys shared in it...Now it is Your and Danny's special moment, and I do not know of two more beautiful and deserving people...your son is going to have the most amazing parents .He will be surrounded with such warmth,and love!PS.We need to get together before the little man is here!!