Saturday, August 25, 2012

My Support Group

After my first loss, I started participating in an online miscarriage support group. Just knowing I wasn't alone--that other healthy, normal women have lost babies, too--saved me. I didn't want to talk to anybody besides Danny during that time because I felt like I was on a completely different plane of existence than everybody else in my life. I couldn't listen to other people's "problems" without wanting to slap the shit out of them. (To a certain extent, I still can't.) Meeting these other miscarriage survivors, ladies who "got it" dragged me out from under my sad, lonely rock.

Over these last 9 months or so, I've become very close to several of these ladies, and a group of us from Ohio have our own private Facebook group, where we talk nearly every day--and we've even met in person a few times. (If you'd have told me a year ago that I'd be driving to Columbus to meet some strangers from the Internet, I would have laughed.)

Anyway, I got a package in the mail today from my Ohio girls, and it melted my heart. They just wanted me to know they're thinking of me and remembering my baby's lost twin. I'm so, so lucky to have met these ladies.

Edgar loves my gift as much as I do.

No comments: