Sunday, August 19, 2012

7 Weeks = Blueberry

I'm exactly 7 weeks pregnant today. My first two miscarriages were "missed miscarriages," so we didn't know it until further along into those pregnancies--but none of our other babies made it to week 7. 

Needless to say, this is a very exciting (and terrifying) time for us. Definitely looking forward to our next ultrasound, which is 10 days from now. I'm fortunate enough to have an appointment every other week--the one perk of being a "habitual aborter." 

Scooter can't wait to eat the blueberry.

I'm scared every day, but I'm confident (as confident as somebody in my shoes can be) that we'll see Blueberry's heart just beating away in 10 days. I've never felt this pregnant. I'm famished 24/7, and it's an intense, burning hunger--the kind I imagine sets in after 3 days of starvation--and often, it's tinged with minor nausea. I'm also getting up to pee three times a night, so I've been sleeping on the couch.

Just to be clear, I'm absolutely not complaining, and you won't catch me complaining once during this entire pregnancy, mark my words. I'd sleep sitting on the toilet if I had to. Anything, anything, anything for Blueberry.

No comments: