Monday, April 15, 2013

2 Weeks

Arlo is exactly two weeks old today, and I'm already wishing I could stop the clock. Danny gets eight weeks off work, and it freaks me out that 25% of this leave has already passed. Time is so precious.

My favorite photo of the week:  cuddles with Daddy.

Arlo lost a half-ounce more than the allowed 10% below birth weight, so we had to take him to the doctor for a weigh-in today. We were thrilled to learn that he gained almost a pound in one week, and he's up to a healthy 8lbs 5oz. Nice work, kid!

We've been taking this boy everywhere. We've made it out of the house most days this week for grocery shopping, lunch with friends, dinner at Grandma's... I know not everybody agrees with hauling a brand-spakin'-new baby around, but I want him to be very socialized, and we may as well start now.

Our happiest moments, though, are those spent at home, the three of us just snuggling and napping and living life according to a newborn's schedule. I'll treasure these days.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I can't believe it has been 2 weeks already! Wow!

And how awesome that Danny gets 8 weeks off!!! That's unheard of!

TheBooks said...

So awesome Danny has 8 weeks off work! And I think Arlo looks a lot like you. :)